Changes to Westpoint in accordance with recent NSW Government-issued mandates | 23 December 2021
The NSW Government has announced that from 12:01am Friday 24 December, masks will once again be mandatory in all indoor settings, except for one's own home.
This means that anyone visiting Westpoint will be required to wear a face mask at all times in indoor retail settings, unless one of the following exemptions applies:
We ask that our community remains respectful to others as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious.
We have implemented a number of measures to assist us and our community in adhering to this directive, including:
We also ask that you please remember to check in should you visit our Centre, and at each retailer, by using the Service NSW QR code app. Signage has been posted throughout the Centre and within each retailer for your convenience.
For more information on the evolving situation and what this mask mandate means for you please visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay-safe/rules.
Keeping you safe at Westpoint
Our community’s health and wellbeing is our overriding priority and we continue to maintain a range of measures to help keep you safe when you visit Westpoint. These include:
• Strengthening our already stringent cleaning processes, including a heightened focus on sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant, as well as increasing the number of cleaning rotations each day.
• Placement of hand sanitiser stations at key locations throughout the centre, including our main centre entrances and Customer Service Desk for our entire community to access.
• Installation of signage across our Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, as well as the placement of Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
• Contactless wayfinding, available at our Centre directories, allowing you to scan a QR code on your mobile to find any store in the Centre.
• Continuation of our Order and Collect service, allowing you to order from your preferred Westpoint stores and have your order delivered directly to your car. Find out more here
How you can help
While visiting Westpoint, we ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
• Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
• Exemplary personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience.
• Wearing a mask – If you choose to visit us during this time, please remember that you must wear a face mask.
• Handling illness safely – cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and, most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
• Adhere to capacity guidelines – currently in NSW the one in two square metre rule applies. Please adhere to retailer maximum capacity numbers which are outlined at their store entrance. 500 customers are allowed in our Level 3 Food Court, 300 customers are allowed in our Level 1 Food Court and 100 customers are allowed in our Level 1 Fresh Food seating area, whilst still adhering to the 1.5 metres distance rule.
• Plan your visit - due to restricted numbers in our restaurants, beauty salons, gyms and cinema, please ensure you contact individual retailers to book your visit.
We ask for your support in ensuring Westpoint continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit NSW Health's website here.
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at Westpoint.